Friday, October 11, 2013

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - 608 Cotton Cheese

While I was prowling for drugstore Bordeaux lip products, I stumbled onto a sale on all NYX cosmetics. I've heard a lot of good things about their Jumbo Eye Pencils, so I decided to nab one and give it a try.


The shade I picked up is 608 Cotton Cheese. It appeared to be a pearly/metallic white that I figured would be an excellent highlight color.  Unfortunately, it has a serious silver cast so it wasn't quite the natural highlighter I was looking for.

Here's some swatches to illustrate:

Outside, in indirect light

Inside, with flash

Inside, without flash

I had reasonable lasting power (about 8 hours with a primer) and was able to use it in a smokey eye.  It wasn't quite the highlighter I was looking for, but I'll find a way to incorporate this into my stash.

Pricing/Availability: $4.49, in drugstores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.