Wednesday, October 23, 2013

NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencil- Hollywoodland

Next up on the parade of eyeshadow sticks is the NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Hollywoodland.  Whereas its sister Palladium was bold and overwhelming, Hollywoodland is calming, steady, and always accommodating to a makeup look.  Palladium may be the BMW, but Hollywoodland is the steady Toyota Camry.  You need both in your life for balance.



NARS Soft Touch Pencils contain 0.14oz of product and are not self-sharpening. They fit in the larger end of the NARS pencil sharpeners.  With NARS eye primer, I get 8-10 hours of wear as an all-over color wash, and about 12 hours as an eyeshadow base.



Hollywoodland is a soft gold. Most eyeshadow pencil ranges contain a color like this.  NARS manages to give the soft lighting effect in a pencil form- and it's beautiful.  The color doesn't jump off of my hands in the swatch, but it's a beautiful neutral pencil.  I find it incredibly useful and versatile.  It also doubles as a highlighter, like many of the other pencils in similar colors.


Some swatches:

Outside, in indirect light

Inside, no flash

Inside, with flash


Bottom Line: I find this to be a go-to shade.  If you're curious about the line, this might be the place to start.

Pricing/Availability: $24, via NARS, Sephora, or your local NARS counter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.