Friday, October 18, 2013

Clinique Party Favors Set (Holiday 2013)



Today, I bring you Clinique's largest set for Holiday 2013: Party Favors Set.



This set is contained in a neon fold-over cosmetic case.  It has a snap that holds the fold in place.



This kit has all you could ever want in a value set, and includes both perennial favorites and some limited edition products worth grabbing.



The kit contains:
  • All About Shadow Quad
  • High Impact Mascara (full size)
  • Quickliner for Eyes Intense
  • Chubby Stick Intense (full size)
  • A Different Nail Enamel (deluxe sample)
  • All About Eyes (deluxe sample)

First, lets talk about two of the products I won't be reviewing in-depth: High Impact Mascara and All About Eyes.  One is full sized, the other a deluxe sample. Both add value to the kit.

The All About Shadow Quad contains the following shades:

Inside, with flash


Limited Edition Pink Shade, Hazy, Raspberry Beret, Chocolate Covered Cherry.

Swatches:

Inside, with flash

Outside, no flash


One of my favorite things about Clinique quads is that they give instructions for a full-eye look.

I really bought this kit for three products: Black Honey eyeliner, a new Chubby Stick Intense, and to try the nail enamel.

The Chubby Stick Intense for Lips- 09 Roundest Raspberry is a new, limited-edition Chubby Stick Intense shade. Given my love for the formula, I had to nab this new release.




It's a cheery raspberry that gives a wearable berry sheen.  It's much warmer than the other berry products in the Chubby Stick Intense lineup. I've reviewed the other shades elsewhere on this blog.

Swatches:

Outside, on my hand

Inside, no flash

Inside with flash- this looked well within the lip line in person! Wow!



Quickliner for Eyes Intense in 18 Intense Black Honey is another genius application of the classic Black Honey.  I'm having a small obsession with Black Honey right now.  Quickliner for Eyes Intense has a creamy, long-wear formula.



Outside, on a cloudy day


A Different Nail Enamel in Cosmo Chic is a saturated magenta with warm undertones.  I enjoyed this color on my nails, but didn't grab a photo the day I had it on my nails. I'll be reviewing the formula in-depth in the coming days, but I found this to be a one-coater, self-leveling.

Outside, no flash

Outside, with flash

Outside, with flash



Overall, this set is on-trend because of the berry theme. I found it to be a great value, and I'm already enjoying most of the items.  The eye quad will be a struggle for me to incorporate, but it was worth the gamble.

Bottom Line: I think Clinique has hit it out of the park.  Grab this set while there is a GWP at Macy's- you won't regret it.

Pricing/Availability: $39.50, at Clinique counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.