Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palette: Delightful


Today, I bring you one more of the lovely Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palettes: Delightful

Overall, I find Tarina's eyeshadows to be of extremely high quality and incredibly affordable price point.  Over these next few posts, I'll be showcasing some of my favorite products of all time.

Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palettes retail for $32 via Tarina Tarantino. Each palette contains five eyeshadows, with a total net weight of 0.32oz among them.



I get 8-10 hours of wear when I use a primer.  When applying these shades, there is a significant amount of fallout. However, it's worth it.  Texture-wise, these are all silky smooth and the color payoff rich.  I find these palettes to be a great value.

From the bright orange exterior, it'd be a palettes of oranges.  This is, in reality, the neutral palette of the line.


In direct sunshine


Delightful contains the following shades: Pearl Beige, Pearl Champagne, Matte Chocolate Brown, Pearl Vanilla, and Pearl Rose Pink.

Pearl Beige is a beautiful taupey neutral that works in any number of looks.  It works in the crease, as an accent shade, or any way that you want it to work.

In direct sunshine


Outside, in indirect light

Pearl Champagne is a shimmering nude wash that gives a glowing look to the eye. I rather enjoy this shade.

In direct sunshine


Outside, in indirect light

Matte Chocolate Brown is the deep color of this palette meant for use in a smoky eye, cat eye, or as an eyeliner.  The major benefit of this shade is that it is, as the name suggests, matte.  There is a serious lack of palettes that include both shimmer and matte shades, so I'm glad that it's included here.

In direct sunshine


Outside, in indirect light


Pearl Vanilla is back yet again.  I believe I've reviewed this in nearly every palette. It's still a beautiful highlighter.

In direct sunshine


Outside, in indirect lght


Pearl Rose Pink is a shade that I feel I've seen before. It's a frosty pink best used by me in conjunction with other shades as part of a dramatic look.


In direct sunshine

Outside, in indirect light


And now, here are some swatches.

Outside, in indirect light:

L-R: Pearl Beige, Pearl Champagne, Matte Chocolate Brown, Pearl Vanilla, Pearl Rose Pink



Inside, with the flash on:

L-R: Pearl Beige, Pearl Champagne, Matte Chocolate Brown, Pearl Vanilla, Pearl Rose Pink



Inside, with the flash turned off:

L-R: Pearl Beige, Pearl Champagne, Matte Chocolate Brown, Pearl Vanilla, Pearl Rose Pink


Bottom Line: This palette isn't what you'd expect with the orange lid.  It's one of the most neutral Tarina palettes, and probably the most work-friendly aside from Magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.