Monday, October 7, 2013

Budget Beauty: Bordeaux Lips (Overview)

By now, beauty lovers in the know have heard that bordeaux is the color of the season for lips.  Sounds beautiful- but also not a trend to be taken lightly.  There's a fine line between vampy and vampire.  Readers of this blog have likely figured out that I'm ultimately a high-end makeup girl.  However, I hesitate to buy a high-end version of this lip trend because I'm not sure how much luck I'll have with it or how comfortable I will be wearing it on a daily basis. So, this presented me a perfect opportunity to flex my budget beauty skills.

While I may mostly be a Chanel and Dior kind of woman these days, student days and being able to afford drugstore makeup with a coupon weren't that long ago.  I used to pride myself on being able to stay on trend at a fraction of the price. Formulas and products have improved significantly since then, too.



Over three posts, I'll be bringing you the 10 items I purchased to test drive this trend.  I purchased in-store, and relied upon only the drugstore sale in one case and was able to stack a reward at the other store on top of the sale price and a store coupon.

Here's an overview of what I purchased:
  • 5 Lipsticks
  • 3 Lip gloss/liquid lipstick
  • 2 lip liners
I purchased all items on one day (within an hour, actually), and visited two stores to do so.  My total for the items was $19.06 plus tax.

In my case, I can test 10 items (my own mini curated collection) for just over half of a Chanel lipstick.

I'm working my way through the items throughout the week- watch for posts as I get reasonable groups completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.