Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Anastasia Brow Powder Duo- Caramel

My new obsession with Anastasia Beverly Hills products has led me to testing out one of the famous Brow Powder Duos.



Us ginger-locked beauties usually have a hard time finding hair and eyebrow products geared for us.  Typically, brands offer a blonde line, a light brown, dark brown, and a black.  Where's the love for the redheads?  Luckily, Anastasia Beverly Hills has us covered.



Anastasia Beverly Hills offers a choice of two red-hued Brow Powder Duos: Caramel and Auburn.  I selected Caramel after a significant amount of deliberation.  Auburn is much richer and darker; I highly recommend all redheads to swatch the two in person.  Caramel is likely to suit the ultra fair much better though.

Anastasia Brow Powder Duos include 2 shades and have a net weight of 2 x 0.8g/ 0.030 oz.  They're described as "smudge proof, long-wearing powder features a light and dark shade for dimension and perfect color matching."




The compact itself is beautiful. It has the Anastasia Beverly Hills logo in rose gold on top and full product information on the bottom. Inside, there's a mirror along with the two shades.



I've been wearing this on a daily basis since I bought it.  The lighter/redder of the two shades is my perfect color match.  I use an Ulta Professional Angled Eyebrow brush to carefully apply the powder to my brows; apply carefully because it doesn't want to budge once you apply it.

I set the brows with Anastastia Brow Gel (review here), and I have to use makeup removing wipes at the end of the day to remove the product.

Swatches:

Outside, in indirect light


Inside, with flash

Inside, no flash


Bottom Line: I highly recommend finding your color match in Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duos.  They retail for $23 each and there are 7 shades for your perfect match at Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, and Anastasia's website among other places.

1 comment:

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.