Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Dreaming

I can't believe it's Sunday already!  It always seems like I've just done the last one of these posts.  That said, this is some real dreaming on my behalf because I'm going to be on a bit of a no/low-buy for a bit.  Don't worry, I have some awesome new releases to review to tide us all over until my wallet opens again.

So, here's some real dreams- and a couple of pleas for help!

Beauty and Fragrance:

Chanel Retractable Kabuki Brush, $70:


I've been on the hunt for a good retractable brush for my Les Beiges from the start. I believe in my initial review that I mentioned how useless the half moon brush that's included with the compact is.  I've been applying it with a Sephora Professional Complexion Powder Brush #53 (picked up from Sephora online for $9, on clearance), and alternating between it and a Sephora Retractable Kabuki in my purse.  I'm fine with the power brush for home use, but I'm not satisfied with the retractable kabuki that I own.  I want one that you don't to manually smoosh the bristles into the lid. I want one that's a twist-up.  I suspect that this Chanel brush fits that bill since it's been designed for the Les Bieges; I don't want to spend $70 on a Kabuki for touch-ups!  Readers, any suggestions?

Pricing/Availability: $70, exclusively at Chanel online.




Holiday Nail Sets:








I'm going to lump all of these together because they're all utterly tempting.  I'm a huge sucker for nail polish, as you may have noticed.  I'm also a huge sucker for holiday sets and minis- partially because I'll never be able to finish a full-size of most things.  The Ciate Mini Mani Month is an adorable nail advent calendar.  I've been eyeing Ciate polishes for awhile (although, admittedly, I wasn't sold on the formula when I swatched a couple of few shades at my local SiJCP), and this set includes one of my biggest lemmings, Pepperminty. Deborah Lippmann Big Bang features 12 minis- and I don't already own any of those polishes. In my mind, this is a must-buy. Deborah Lippmann does amazing mini sets, but this is the largest one I've seen.

Pricing/Availability: Ciate Mini Mani Month- $58 via Sephora, Deborah Lippmann Big Bang- $78 via Sephora,


Giorgio Armani Nail Lacquer, $20:


I love exploring new high-end nail polishes.  I'm not sure if this is a brand-new launch, but it's new to me.  I found a few shades that caught my attention, such as 704 (above).

Pricing/Availability: $20, via Nordstrom


Clinique 'A Little Happiness' Set, $39.50:


I'm a sucker for mini perfumes, and Clinique Happy was my first perfume love.  This perfume wardobe looks to be a totally amazing value- 5 x 0.23oz perfumes. Holiday sets have such great values that I wish they weren't just limited to the holiday season.

Pricing/Availability: $39.50 at Clinique counters, including Nordstrom


Burberry Lip Glow Natural Lip Gloss, $27



I've been resisting the Burberry Beauty line since it launched, in the vain hopes that I'd get a counter nearby (I'm near a major US city where I can generally find 90% of what I'm looking for in person) so I could avoid buying similar shades.  This lipgloss, 19 Mallow Pink, has been pulling me back in.

Pricing/Availability: $27, via Nordstrom.




Accessories:



Kate Spade Skinny Mini Bow Stud Earrings, $48:


Like so many other people, I'm a huge fan of the bow studs from Kate Spade. I have these in mint already, but these multi-colored glitter holiday studs are irresistible.

Pricing/Availability: $48, via Kate Spade.






Home/Home Fragrance:


NEST Passion Candle, $28:



This is one of the many beauty products giving back in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I've been wanting to try some NEST products, and a candle that benefits the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and smells of "Blooming Peony, Garden Rose, Sandalwood, and Flowering Pittosporum."  Sounds like a great place to start.

Pricing/Availability: $28 at Sephora


That's it for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.