Thursday, October 3, 2013

Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palette: Lovely

Today, I bring you the final Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palette: Lovely.



Overall, I find Tarina's eyeshadows to be of extremely high quality and incredibly affordable price point.  Over these next few posts, I'll be showcasing some of my favorite products of all time.

Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palettes retail for $32 via Tarina Tarantino. Each palette contains five eyeshadows, with a total net weight of 0.32oz among them.

In direct sunshine

Outside, in indirect light


Lovely is Tarina's version of a smokey eye palette- and the colors I naturally gravitate towards.  Per the website, the five shades are Pearl Vanilla, Pearl Gun-Metal, Matte Black, Silver Shimmer, and Pearl Taupe.

Inside, using a flash


Pearl Vanilla has been beaten to death already on this blog. It's pretty, and very useful.

In direct sunshine


Outside, in indirect light

Pearl Gun-Metal is one of those shades right in my beauty wheelhouse. I have a weakness for beautiful gunmetal greys, and this one certainly qualifies. It can be applied for a beautiful daytime look, or smoked out for nights.

In direct sunshine


Outside, in indirect light


Matte Black is, as the name implies, a matte black eyeshadow.  Other than using it as a liner for cat eyes or a smoky eye look, I'm not sure how to make this workable.

In direct sunshine

Outside in indirect light


Silver Shimmer is a frosty, glittery silver. It would work best as part of a smoky eye look.

In direct sunshine

Outside, in indirect light


Pearl Taupe is also featured in a number of palettes. It's a great color with my complexion.  Perfect for all-over neutral or in a complex smoky eye.

In direct sunshine


Outside, in indirect light


Now, some swatches:

Outside, in indirect light:


L-R: Pearl Vanilla, Pearl Gunmetal, Matte Black, Silver Shimmer, Pearl Taupe


Inside, with flash (for the shimmer):

L-R: Pearl Vanilla, Pearl Gunmetal, Matte Black, Silver Shimmer, Pearl Taupe


Inside, without flash:

L-R: Pearl Vanilla, Pearl Gunmetal, Matte Black, Silver Shimmer, Pearl Taupe





Bottom Line: I have a weak spot for grey palettes, so this one certainly makes my heart flutter. It is very versatile- either work-friendly, or for a dramatic smoky eye.  When you think about the price and quality, it's a can't miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.