Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Caudalie Beauty Elixir

Caudalie Beauty Elixir is one of those products I'd never heard of outside of beauty bloggers, who all seemed to rave about it.  I picked up the Caudalie Favorites set at Sephora a couple of months ago, which included a small bottle of Beauty Elixir.

I have mixed feelings about Beauty Elixir.





The fill level on the bottle should indicate that I've been giving this a real test.  I have had mixed results with it, and I couldn't figure it out for an extended period of time. I suspect that it's my sensitive skin- and the different combinations of products I may have used that particular day.

Beauty Elixir comes in two sizes- 1 oz ($18) or 3.4oz ($49).  It is in a frosted glass bottle with a spray applicator:





It has a beautiful scent that's light and reminds me of mint and grape leaves.  This is meant to be applied before moisturizer, and then any time you need a pick-me-up during the day.

Here's a list of the ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Alcohol*, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water*, Parfum (Fragrance)*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Potassium Alum, Glycerin*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Styrax Tonkinensis Resin Extract*, Commiphora Myrrha Resin Extract*, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil*, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract*, Tocopherol*, Citral*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Farnesol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Eugenol*.

*Origine Végétale - Plant Origin

If you have sensitive skin, watch out for the irritants- alcohol and peppermint oil jump out at me.  It leaves a lovely feeling on the skin, but can also burn from time to time.

Bottom Line: It's not a HG product for me, unlike the masses. I'm going to use up the bottle that I have, but I don't plan to repurchase unless it's in a kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.