Thursday, October 24, 2013

Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow- 17 Cool Gold

Today's eyeshadow stick is one of my favorites.  Although it's a limited edition product, I'm holding out hope that Chanel will bring these back from time to time.  I purposely chose a shade that's still available on Chanel's website and on Nordstrom's site.  I don't believe in showing items that are drool-worthy but gone for the most part (hence no Aqualillies review, no Moon River in this line, etc).



Chanel jumped on the eyeshadow stick trend with the Summer 2013 collection, introducing the world to the Stylo Eyeshadow Stick.  It originally came in 6 shades (a glittering taupe, jade, pink, smoke, blue, and this gold), and over half of the collection is still available at retail price.



The Stylo Eyeshadow Stick is one of the most unique products I've tried in awhile.  First, make sure to wear a good eyeshadow primer or you will get slipping and collecting in lines.  That's never a chic look.  With NARS primer, I regularly average 8-10 hours of wear.



These are, by nature, very sheer and glittery.  It's the classic Chanel shimmer in an eyeshadow stick form.

Cool Gold is a neutral-toned gold (it doesn't pull extremely warm or cool in person).  It's very wearable, and the Stylo Eyeshadow sticks can be used either as a true shadow or as an eyeliner, making it a very versatile product.

Outside, in natural light

Inside, no flash

Inside, with flash



One of the coolest (ha ha) features of this line is that they cool upon contact. I loathe plumping, heating glosses. This is the opposite- a mini gel pack on your eyes, a true treat first thing in the morning.

I highly recommend taking the Stylo Sticks out for a spin.  Hopefully they'll be back soon!

Pricing/Availability: $34, at Chanel counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.