Monday, October 7, 2013

Formula X For Sephora Nail Polish- Pyrotechnic

Normally, I'd save one of these type of posts for a NOTD, but the new Formula X for Sephora line was a huge release, so I wanted to take the time to fully review the formula, not necessarily the color I got to test.

For those unaware, Formula X for Sephora was launched within the past week, and it will be taking the place of the Sephora for OPI collection since the contract was not renewed. 

Formula X for Sephora has multiple categories, with different price points.

  • $10.50: New Classics, New Neutrals, Electrics, Translucents
  • $12.50: Chromes, Sparklers, Holograms, Brilliants, Superwatts, Celestials, Shifters, Lusters, Xplosives

Sephora is currently offering Pyrotechnic, a "dynamite red," as a 100 point perk in the Beauty Insider program both in-store and online.  That's how I received my bottle.  Pyrotechnic is considered one of the "New Classics."

I wouldn't have necessarily picked this if I was paying with money rather than Beauty Insider points due to the plethora of bright red cremes and jellys in my collection, but I'm happy to have it now.



Formula-wise, this is wonderful.  It was essentially a one-coater, and self-leveled.

In terms of wear time, I got two days without chipping, which is on-par with Chanel, Dior, and Deborah Lippmann.  I'll be checking out additional shades from this line, especially the glitters  that look exceptionally unique.



Bottom Line: Beauty Insiders, nab this perk to test the formula yourself- you won't be sorry.  Sephora seems to have nailed this new line and the price point is in most customers' comfort level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.