Thursday, October 10, 2013

Ulta Lipstick- 213 Raspberry Beret



This was completely an impulse purchase one day at Ulta.  While poking around, looking for wine-colored shades to potentially test, I swatched shade 213- which I later identified online as Raspberry Beret.

Raspberry Beret is labeled as a creme, but it's more of a pearl finish.  It has a slight duochrome edge that reminds me of a berry-tinged version of Chanel Tentation for the lips.





Ulta lipsticks come in a metallic gunmetal tube, with a clear end.

In the tube, it appears to be a bit scary:



However, it swatches out to be a beautiful berry color:

Outside, in indirect light

Inside, with flash

Inside, without flash

Although I've seen this called a neon shade meant more for spring, it seems like a late summer-fall color to me.  I could be totally on an island with that one, though.

Let's see how it looks on pigmented lips:

Outside, in indirect light

Inside, with flash

Inside, without flash

Bottom Line: Ulta lipstick lasted 3-4 hours on me with eating and drinking. I find it to be reasonably priced and the formula non-drying.  I recommend spending a little bit of time at your local store to play with the colors- you might be surprised!



Pricing/Availability: Ulta lipstick weighs in at $8.00, and is available exclusively via Ulta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.