Wednesday, October 30, 2013

RiRi Hearts MAC Her Cocoa Eyeshadow Quad

I've held off almost a month on reviewing this quad and am totally breaking one of my own rules about limited edition products.  It's been years since I picked up a MAC eyeshadow quad, and grabbed this on a whim.

True story: I just happened to wander by the MAC counter on the day these hit counters and decided to play with the tester and purchased the last quad.  There were 2 quads in this iteration of the RiRi Hearts MAC collaboration- Her Cocoa is the lighter of the two.

Let's start with the packaging- adorable!  This box is a light pink metallic.





The actual quad has a clear front, with the RiRi Hearts MAC logo on the front, trimmed out in rose gold:





The back is shiny rose gold:


Here's a great shot of the shadows:






Shade 1 is a highly metallic gold shimmer.
Shade 2 is a light peach with faint shimmer.
Shade 3 is a deep, warm brown with shimmery copper tint.
Shade 4 is a neutral-toned shimmery milk chocolate brown.

Here they are, swatched:




I was ready to do a ton of comparisons, but since the palette is already sold out, I won't be posting all of them.

I was shocked to find how much fallout happened when applying these shadows. I can't remember if all MAC shadows are like this, but it's a major turn-off. In terms of color payoff, it's great and I can see myself wearing any number of looks from this palette.  I wish I'd known about the fallout prior to purchasing, but this was a great impulse buy,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.