Friday, October 25, 2013

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil- Mushroom

Today's look at an eyeshadow pencil comes from Urban Decay, known for their shadows.  I started with one of the classic eyeshadow shades- Mushroom.






Mushroom is a beautiful metallic taupe.  Urban Decay 24/7 eyeshadow pencils weigh in at 0.10oz/2.8g.  They are not twist-up or automatically sharpening; they fit in the larger side of the Grindhouse sharpener.





I can get 12+ hours of wear with primer.  This is a great shade to sample the line.  Admittedly, I think I prefer the powder version in terms of color payoff.

Outside, in natural light


Inside, no flash


Inside, with flash
Like most Urban Decay products, this has fantastic color payoff, and plays nicely with primer.  I can get 10-12 hours of wear with primer, as long as I don't rub my eyes.

Bottom Line: I prefer UD's powder shadows to their shadow stick line, but that doesn't mean that this isn't a nice product.  I highly recommend trying only one shade out to see if the formula is for you or you'd rather stay with UD powder shadows.  At $20, this is a moderate priced eyeshadow stick.

Pricing/Availability: $20, via Urban Decay's website, Sephora, or Ulta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.