Friday, October 4, 2013

Let's Talk Brushes!

I know that the blog has been a bit light in terms of content the last few days- I'll be working extra hard to make up for that! I pulled back the curtain a bit with the nail posts by admitting that I pre-swatch my NOTDs; due to my career, it's hard to blog outside of the weekends.  I'll do a better job in balancing the posts throughout the week- but this week, I wanted to bring you Chanel holiday 2013 ASAP!

Let's talk brushes for a moment- or at least, brush care.

This is what I'm usually presented with each weekend:



Those are the brushes that I've used throughout the week that are due for a deep cleaning.

I love makeup, but I've also learned that it's vital to have the right tools- and that quality matters.

I have settled into a two-step cleaning program that keeps them in good condition and clean.  I'm a bit of a germophobe, so clean brushes are a must.

There are two products (both very affordable) that keep my brushes clean, healthy, and in good condition:



Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner: After I use a brush, it takes literally a couple of seconds to spray the brush head with this mist, then wipe it with a tissue.  Daily Brush Cleaner is great to remove excess product and give it an antibacterial spritz.  However, after I've used a brush once, it can't go back into my clean brush containers. It goes into a smaller brush holder (you see two of the various glass containers I use for this purpose in the first photo).

Sephora Makeup Brush Shampoo: Once a week (usually on Sunday), I gather up the brushes that have been used at least once during the week for a shampooing/deep cleansing. This is almost gel-like in consistency, much like actual shampoo. I've tried many other brush cleaners, and find this works just as well as far more expensive brands.

Both are carried exclusively at Sephora, and are available in 2 sizes: 2oz ($6) or 6.75 oz ($14).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.