Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Chanel Holiday 2013 Sparkling Mascara Top Coat

This is the final piece that I picked up from the Chanel Holiday 2013 when I discovered it at my local Nordstrom.  The Nuit Infinite Holiday 2013 Collection just works together so wonderfully.

Admittedly, I'm still not too sure how to wear a mascara top coat, but I've tried a few ways and have fallen in love with this LE gem to the extent that I foresee a backup coming in my future.










The bronze color of this mascara works wonderfully with this collection!

It looks just like the standard Chanel mascara:



But the wand holds a magical surprise- sparkle!







I had one of the LE summer mascaras out for another reason, so here's a good wand comparison:






The Top Coat is a bit thinner than prior LE mascaras.


But this is what everyone really wants to see- swatches.


Outside, in indirect light (unfortunately, not a sunny day):




Inside, with flash:





Inside, no flash:



It's just beautiful and glittery in all cases.  But how to wear it?

Method of Wearing #1: Like the name suggests, this can be used as a mascara top coat.  I applied it to just the last 1/3 of my lashes (much like I did with the various colored Chanel mascaras from this past summer).  It added an extra sparkle to my look, but did make my lashes look a bit shorter.

Method of Wearing #2: I figured what the heck and applied it like regular mascara. There's no noticeable lengthening, curling, or volumizing. However, the bronze color makes this an insanely wearable color. I looked like I had fairy lashes that weren't overly prominent. I could see this working well with a bold lip for holiday.

Bottom Line: Mascara lovers, run to the nearest counter.  Chanel has been hitting it out of the park lately with LE mascara releases!

4 comments:

  1. I tried this on my bare lashes and saw nothing at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right- you wouldn't. I had a discussion with the Chanel reps when I bought this (and knowing there's a similar "top coat" from the FNO collection that Macys will have for Black Friday). These are essentially a glitter topcoat- you need mascara under them for the pigmentation to show up. This one is especially vulnerable since most people have brownish natural lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK thanks I will retry this over a black mascara because I would really like to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck- I hope you love it! I've tried it over both Chanel Le Volume and Dior Exaste mascaras.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.